Shop by Department
Fairway Woods Advice, News and Buyers Guide
Fairway woods are an essential part of our golf bag & often you will require more than one depending on the loft & type of shot you wish your fairway club to produce. Choosing from the vast range of companies on todays market can be daunting. Many clubs are now adjustable and choosing the correct loft has never been made easier. As with your Driver it is important to get the shaft flex right & often you will want to consider the same shaft flex in your Driver for your fairway wood to compliment each other.
Shaft options to consider when choosing your new fairway wood.
- Lite Shaft or Seniors Flex as suggested in the name is considered to be best suited for the more senior golfer who perhaps is slowing down in swing speed over the years but still wants to maintain the distance & consistency you have always enjoyed. Swing Speed Match 70 - 80mph
- A Regular Shaft is considered to be a good starting point if you have just taken up the game & want something that is light but gives you a fair amount of flex to help you & your evolving swing to perform at its best. Swing Speed Match 80 - 90mph
- Stiff Shaft would be used for your more progressive golfer who perhaps is swinging it at a much harder and faster pace, generally the shaft will be heavier in weight & firmer in flex. Swing Speed Match 90-105mph
- X-Stiff Shaft is for someone who produces a considerable fast & hard swing speed, making it heavier & firmer opposed to a stiff shaft. Swing Speed Match 105 + mph
The Fairway wood is a very versatile club, it can be used from the tee, out of the rough & of course on the fairway. Generally this club is used for those longer shot’s into the green. The most commonly used fairway woods are the 3, 5 and 7 woods. 9, 11 & 13 fairway woods are still around but in more recent years these have been converted in to Hybrid Rescue clubs.
One key & important factor to note is that you want to gauge the correct distance gap within your set of woods. You do not want to invest your money into two clubs that do the same job. For example some players will use a 7 fairway wood & a 3 Rescue Hybrid these are very similar in loft & will produce the same outcome. Popular choice in fairway wood pairings are the 3 & 5 wood then 3 & 4 in rescue club.
With the advancement in technology adjustable shaft & head combinations have made choosing the right loft easier than ever & with some manufactures one club can do all lofts.
This Years 2016 Hotlist Fairway woods & Key Brands for you to check out
- Callaway XR16 and XR16Pro Fairway Woods
- Callaway Fusion Fairway Wood
- Cobra King F6 Fairway Wood
- Cobra King Ltd Fairway Wood
- Ping G Fairway Wood
- TaylorMade M1 & M2 Fairway Woods
- Titleist 915F Fairway Wood
- Titleist 917F2 and 917F3 Fairway Wood
- Mizuno JPX E-Z Fairway Wood
To ensure that you choose the best fairway wood please visit our buyers guide and advice centre.
Fairways » TaylorMade
Showing 4 of 5 -See More