Ecco Golf Advice, News and Buyers Guide
ECCO is one of the few genuine shoe manufacturers that owns and manages the entire shoe production process. They manufacture high-quality, comfortable and technically-advanced shoes for men and women. ECCO entered the golf shoe business in the 1990s and today, their golf shoes are proudly worn by a number of the worlds top professional golfers.
- Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy in a small town in the south-west of Denmark. Karl Toosbuy was a visionary and he founded the company on the philosophy that 'shoes must follow the foot'. He was the pioneer to realise, that the shoe industry needed to come out of the age old shoe making tradition. They got its first breakthrough and international recognition in the late 1970s, and since then it has continued to expand its operations globally.
ECCO Golf shoes are made to the highest quality and although you may pay slightly more for them, you are sure to be getting a shoe that has been designed and engineered to support your feet in the best possible way. As Karl say’s “shoes must follow the foot” and this is an extremely important point when your out on the golf course to look after your feet.
- It’s not just Golf shoes that ECCO produce, they offer you a range of accessories to look after you latest pair, or even re-store your old favorites. The ECCO shoe care kit is a fantastic product to compliment and look after your shoes, and a refresher spray is available to buy, to bring them back to life.
The professional golf stars who prefer the comfort, style and performance of ECCO golf shoes include Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Ernie Els, Caroline Masson and many more.
Ecco » Shoes
Showing 16 of 18 -See More
Ecco » Accessories
Showing 8 of 11 -See More
Why Choose Ecco Shoes?
What makes Ecco Golf Shoes so much more comfortable than other golf shoes?
Let us count the ways.
1. A foundation of more than 40 years of relentlessly studying the human foot. The result is a golf shoe designed to let your foot stand, step, flex, stretch and breathe. There is no break-in period. Our shoes are blister-free and can be worn painlessly right out of the box.
2. We make our shoes better because we make them ourselves. In an era of outsourcing, we are the only major shoe manufacturer that owns and manages the entire production process from start to finish, from cow to customer.
3. To be of one mind with your foot, the uppers of your golf shoe must be soft, supple and breathable. All the hides used in ECCO shoes are treated at our tanneries and must meet our higher standards.
4. Free your sole, your game will follow. Our golf shoes use a double-layer inlay sole that ingeniously absorbs heel force, reducing the impact felt by your knees, hip and back. That same heel force is also used to power an air-circulation system that ensures a fresh, dry and cool environment for your feet.
5. No glue means more comfort and greater durability. The outsole and upper of each ECCO golf shoe are bonded via low-pressure injection of PU. This allows ECCO to modify shock absorption and creates a strong, watertight seal without the use of any glue. It also removes one of the most common causes of shoe failure - glue coming "unstuck" because of time, wear or weather conditions.