Ecco Golf Advice, News and Buyers Guide
ECCO is one of the few genuine shoe manufacturers that owns and manages the entire shoe production process. They manufacture high-quality, comfortable and technically-advanced shoes for men and women. ECCO entered the golf shoe business in the 1990s and today, are proudly worn by a number of the worlds top professional golfers.
- Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy in a small town in the south-west of Denmark. Karl Toosbuy was a visionary and he founded the company on the philosophy that 'shoes must follow the foot'. He was the pioneer to realise, that the shoe industry needed to come out of the age old shoe making tradition. They got its first breakthrough and international recognition in the late 1970s, and since then it has continued to expand its operations globally.
ECCO Golf shoes are made to the highest quality and although you may pay slightly more for them, you are sure to be getting a shoe that has been designed and engineered to support your feet in the best possible way. As Karl say’s “shoes must follow the foot” and this is an extremely important point when your out on the golf course to look after your feet.
Below are a few key products for the latest season:
Ecco Mens Golf Street Retro - were first worn in 2010 by the legendary Fred Couples in the Masters. The shoes are extremely comfortable with Camel and full grain upper leathers that is strong and lightweight for increased breathability and durability. Street Retro shoes are treated with Ecco Hydromax which is a developed treatment to make the uppers highly water repellent keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
Ecco Mens Biom Hybrid 3 - featuring a brand new Tri-Fi-Grip outsole offering extra stability, durability and rotational support on some eye-catching colourways. Made from Gortex material to allow the foot to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter optimising breathability and protection against the elements. These shoes feature a lightweight cushioning foam with an anatomically shaped inlay sole for excellent walking comfort.
Ecco Mens Biom G3 Golf Shoes - is a pure performance golf shoe. Built from a biom natural motion last, it offers a fit and feel you only get with Ecoo. Based on 2,500 scans of human feet, Biom gives you an ultimate fit, greater stability and forward momentum for more power during every swing. A re-engineered outsole cleat set-up, combined with innovative hybrid elements like the toe rotational-line, provide outstanding stability for those serious player who prefers spiked shoes.
Key Products from the Latest Ladies Range:
Ecco Ladies S-Lite - are Ecco's lightest leather shoe made to date. This golf shoe has premium Yak leather uppers with diamond shape embossing lightweight and breathable. These shoes have a sporty trainer style finish with moulded leather heels and spikes for extra stability and grip.available in 5 colour options.
Ecco Ladies Biom Hybrid 3 - is a Yak leather hybrid golf shoe that uses the latest technology to benefit the wearer such as the Tri-Fi-Grip Outsole. With three different zones, one for stability, one for durability and the other for rotation it will assist the wearer from the back swing to the follow through. The shoe is also extremely comfortable and flexible due to the Biom natural motion technology and is made with Gortex technology for optimised breathability and protection.
The professional golf stars who prefer the comfort, style and performance of ECCO golf shoes include Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Ernie Els, Caroline Masson and many more.
Why Choose Ecco Shoes?
What makes Ecco Golf Shoes so much more comfortable than other golf shoes?
Let us count the ways.
1. A foundation of more than 40 years of relentlessly studying the human foot. The result is a golf shoe designed to let your foot stand, step, flex, stretch and breathe. There is no break-in period. Our shoes are blister-free and can be worn painlessly right out of the box.
2. We make our shoes better because we make them ourselves. In an era of outsourcing, we are the only major shoe manufacturer that owns and manages the entire production process from start to finish, from cow to customer.
3. To be of one mind with your foot, the uppers of your golf shoe must be soft, supple and breathable. All the hides used in ECCO shoes are treated at our tanneries and must meet our higher standards.
4. Free your sole, your game will follow. Our golf shoes use a double-layer inlay sole that ingeniously absorbs heel force, reducing the impact felt by your knees, hip and back. That same heel force is also used to power an air-circulation system that ensures a fresh, dry and cool environment for your feet.
5. No glue means more comfort and greater durability. The outsole and upper of each ECCO golf shoe are bonded via low-pressure injection of PU. This allows ECCO to modify shock absorption and creates a strong, watertight seal without the use of any glue. It also removes one of the most common causes of shoe failure - glue coming "unstuck" because of time, wear or weather conditions.