Ping » Drivers
Ping Golf News, Advide and Buyers Guide
Ping Golf has long been the fore-runner of the custom fit golf clubs. In general, Ping believes that the driver's performance is also dependent on the correct fit. Ping golf driver's are available for sale but it is advised that you take professional advice before you make your purchase. Please feel free to give us a call or you can take a look at the fabulous NFlight fitting system
- The most versatile of all Ping Golf Drivers with fixed clubheads, the Ping Anser driver comes with a 460 cc sized clubhead that is available with 4 different lofts to choose from.
- Performance and launch angle depends on the variety of shafts available from Ping. The Ping Anser golf driver has a high MOI rate that reduces ball spin for straighter and longer shots from the tee.
- Featuring external weighting, the G20 launches the ball at a high trajectory with a low spin rate because the Center of Gravity is located very low and at the very back end of the clubhead.
- The G20's power source is its TFC169D shaft which has a high balance point, allowing for more weight at the clubhead. This gives the clubhead more inertia without having to increase the player's swing speed. The TFC169D comes in regular, stiff and extra-stiff flex. A different shaft is available for a lower launch angle that is preferred by players on the tour.
- The G20 is available in both Right-Handed and Left-Handed versions with a choice of 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 12 degree lofted clubheads.
- The Ping G25 is an entirely new club featured this year. It is essentially an adjustable version of the G20 with the same external weighting and high balanced club shaft.
- Designed to be the longest and most forgiving of all Ping drivers so far, the clubhead bias on this driver is adjustable in 1/2 degree increments, allowing for shaping the ball flight from a fade to a draw. It is available with 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 12 degree loft.
- The G25 Golf Driver is equipped with the TFC189D Graphite shaft to produce optimal performance. Its 5 flex options allows for 5 different launch angles.
- The Ping K15 driver features G20's external weighting on an elongated clubface for more confidence and forgiveness on the longest drives. It carries the Straight Flight Technology (SFT) that promotes natural club rotation and produces naturally straighter shots.
- The K15 provides for 3 loft options: 9.5, 10.5 and 12 degrees on a TFC149D shaft that enhances its performance.
- The Ping G15 driver is the version of the K15 that is slightly different because it is elongated from front to back to move the center of gravity even farther back to launch the ball even higher than what the regular loft and shaft options can provide. This allows for even greater versatility among the Ping Golf Driver family.
- The Ping I20 is a 2-material golf clubhead made with a Titanium body on a Tungsten sole. Designed for aesthetic value without compromising Ping's dedication to performance, it has that beautiful classic look and produces a pleasing acoustic sound upon impact. Its low center of gravity allows the player to make longer and straighter shots.
- Like all Ping drivers, the Ping I20 is best custom-fitted with the different lofts, shafts and grips to produce the best launch angle required by each individual player.
- The Ping Serene Ladies driver is Ping's answer to the needs of lady golfers. Featuring wider clubfaces and longer shafts, the Ping Serene delivers longer carrying drives with better roll.
- The Ping Faith Ladies driver is designed for ladies with lower swing speeds. It has a more forgiving clubhead than the Serene driver and delivers much needed driving distance to the lady golfer.
Ping » Drivers
Ping Anser Driver by Ping
The Anser driver is Pings first adjustable driver offering you the ability to fine tune the trajectory through a combination of loft adjustment and shaft selection. With its low spin head the anser driver represents a fully optimized design solution that generates ideal trajectories for maximizing distance and accuracy.
We call the process trajectory tuning. With the turn of a ping wrench you can easily add or subtract one half degree of loft to the standard settings of our 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, and 12 degree heads.
Trajectory tuning allows you to hone in on your launch angle and spin rate to increase distance. The size, efficiency, and simplicity of the hosel sleeve allowed us to provide the benefits of adjustability without sacrificing the performance that’s often lost in clubs that’s larger, bulkier, hosel design.
Our adjustable hosel maintains the same outer diameter, look, and mass of our traditional fixed hosels. We optimize the design by using a titanium screw in aluminium hosel sleeve. The sleekness of the design keeps the hosel area and the entire clubhead highly aero dynamic to further increase clubhead speed and distance.
Keep in mind that when you add loft the face angle closes slightly and when you subtract loft the face angle opens slightly. However we’ve designed our trajectory tuning technology to minimize face angle effects. This approach lets you fine tune the height of your trajectory by changing loft before round to suit the playing conditions, the weather, or changes in your swing.
To optimize your ball flight ping offers 4 distinct shafts at standard options. The proprietary Ping TFC 800, the aldila phenom, the fujikura blur red, and the Mitsubishi diamana ahina. They vary in weight, stiffness, and the trajectory they deliver. Your ping certified club fitter will determine the best options based on how you load the club, your timing, and your swing speed. We use the external sole weighting to position the CG low and raise the MOI which provides a mid high launch that adds to distance and forgiveness.
A neutral head rotation promotes straight ball flight and the anser’s low spin design minimizes left and right curvature to help drives find the fairway. The traditionally shaped 460cc head features a Ti 811 body and its variable thickness face helps generate incredible ball velocity.
It has a dark non-glare matte finish to add your confidence even more. Ultimately what make the anser different from any previous ping driver is trajectory tuning and the ability to optimize your ball flight so you can unlock your potential to hit the best drives of your life.