Ecco Golf Advice, News and Buyers Guide
ECCO is one of the few genuine shoe manufacturers that owns and manages the entire shoe production process. They manufactures finest, high-quality, comfortable and technically-advanced shoes for men and women. ECCO entered the golf shoe business in 1990s and today, The golf shoes are proudly worn by number of international professional golf stars.
They were founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy in a small town in the south-west of Denmark. Karl Toosbuy was a visionary and he founded the company on the philosophy that 'shoes must follow the foot'. He was pioneer to realise that the shoe industry needed to come out of the centuries old shoe making tradition. They got its first breakthrough and international recognition in late 1970s, and since then it has continued to expand its operations globally.
The new Street are the coolest summer golf shoes with full-grain upper leather and fashionable appearance. They are a spikeless golf shoe with single density TPU sole and features pre-molded traction bars. These are the most sought-after golf shoes designed to give the performance, style and unmatched versatility. The Golf Street shoes caught the world's attention at 2010 Masters Golf Tournament when Fred Couples received tremendous international acclaim for his distinctive choice of Ecco's Golf Street shoes.
The Biom are the revolutionary golf shoes featuring unique, patented design that takes advantage of the foot's natural system for absorbing impact while bringing golfers closer to the ground than ever before. The Golf Biom shoes have an extremely low profile and are made from lightweight Tibetan Yak leather to provide an outstanding support for swing performance.
The New Classic shoes are smart and traditional to wear. The smooth, patterned leather-uppers and textile lining gives the shoes an absolutely fashionable look. The combination of Gore-Tex membrane and breathable-lining makes the shoe waterproof while keeping the moisture away from the feet.
The Casual Cool III range of shoes have a very contemporary look featuring distinctive colors and patterns. These shoes are available either in Gore-Tex or Hydromax weather protection. The World Class is the only leather-soled golf shoe offered by any major shoe manufacturer. The World Class GTX shoe provides a combination of traditional luxury and modern technology.
The professional golf stars who prefer the comfort, style and performance of ECCO golf shoes include Fred Couples, Graeme McDowell, Aaron Baddeley, Stuart Appleby, Thomas Bjorn, Thorbjorn Olesen and Andreas Harto among many others.
Ecco » Bags
Ecco » Shoes
Fred Couples choice
Why Choose Ecco Shoes?
What makes Ecco Golf Shoes so much more comfortable than other golf shoes?
Let us count the ways.
1. A foundation of more than 40 years of relentlessly studying the human foot. The result is a golf shoe designed to let your foot stand, step, flex, stretch and breathe. There is no break-in period. Our shoes are blister-free and can be worn painlessly right out of the box.
2. We make our shoes better because we make them ourselves. In an era of outsourcing, we are the only major shoe manufacturer that owns and manages the entire production process from start to finish, from cow to customer.
3. To be of one mind with your foot, the uppers of your golf shoe must be soft, supple and breathable. All the hides used in ECCO shoes are treated at our tanneries and must meet our higher standards.
4. Free your sole, your game will follow. Our golf shoes use a double-layer inlay sole that ingeniously absorbs heel force, reducing the impact felt by your knees, hip and back. That same heel force is also used to power an air-circulation system that ensures a fresh, dry and cool environment for your feet.
5. No glue means more comfort and greater durability. The outsole and upper of each ECCO golf shoe are bonded via low-pressure injection of PU. This allows ECCO to modify shock absorption and creates a strong, watertight seal without the use of any glue. It also removes one of the most common causes of shoe failure - glue coming "unstuck" because of time, wear or weather conditions.
Ecco News, Reviews and Gossip.
November 27th 2012
Extra Tread On Ecco Street Shoes
Did you know that the very popular Ecco Street shoes have 100 molded traction bars and over 800 traction angles which makes you feel like spiderman when you are playing.
November 21st 2012
Ecco Win Product of The Year
The Danish brand of Ecco golf have been awarded product of the year by the well respected magazine Golf Shop Europe. The shoe that won the award is The Ecco Biom Hybrid show which has been one of the best selling shoes of the year. Michael waak who is head of global sales was delighted with the award and felt this was affirmation of the brands quality and performance.
Top Golfers Graeme McDowell and Fred Couples along with Stuart Appleby all endorse and wear the Ecco shoes and in fact it is felt that Freedy Couple was the main reason why so many companies are having so much success with the Street style shoe.
November 17th 2012
Couples Re Signs with Ecco
Top US Champions Tour golfer Fred Couples has extended his partnership with top shoe brand ecco. Couples loves the comfort and styling of the shoes and is delighted with the agreement.
Back in 2010 Fred Couples played in the US Masters and he kicked up quite a storm as he was wearing a golf shoe that nobody had seen before. These shoes were the Ecco Street shoe and they have now been copied by most other shoe manufactures.