Ping » Irons
Shop by Department
Ping Irons News, Advide and Buyers Guide
PING have been producing some of the finest irons since the company was founded in 1959 with there headquarters in the United States, Phoenix Arizona Ping pioneered and lead the way in custom fit irons through their colour coding system. The latest Ping Irons for this year has seen Ping go into a New and Next Generation of products with the G Range. Below is a brief overview of the new Ping Irons available this year for 2016.
New 2016 PING iBlades The body of the iBlade iron is precision cast from a high strength to weight ratio 431 stainless steel, resulting in the softest, purest feel Ping have ever achieved in an iron. With the workability to shape shots on command, the compact iBlade head delivers consistently precise distance and trajectory control that surpass skilled players' expectations.
PING G Irons
- Revolutionary COR-Eye Technology provides four times the amount of flexing for consistently faster ball speeds across the hotter face. A simultaneous gain in ball speed and shot height generates more carry distance and a steeper landing angle so shots hit and hold the green. A specialised heat-treatment creates Hyper 17-4 stainless steel, which is 40% stronger than traditional 17-4 SS, enabling the faces to be thinner and faster. The G Irons are fully custom fit available and come in Steel or Graphite shaft options.
PING G Max Irons
- Extreme distance is generated through COR Eye Technology, which generates faster ball speeds from the simultaneous activation of the sole, face and top rail. With a diving-board-like effect, the ball springs off the face up to 3 mph faster than previous PING models and delivers a powerful sound. The faster ball speed is constant across the entire face, so even off centre strikes deliver longer, straighter results.The new cavity structure houses a concealed Custom Tuning Port that connects to the sole. With this deeper position, each iron's CG is lower and farther back for extreme forgiveness and higher launch. As with all Ping Irons full custom options are available along with steel or graphite shafts.
PING S55 Irons
- Here are the long awaited follow up to the S56 irons. The S55 not only look great but perform superbly as well, already most of Ping tour pros have made the switch now its your turn! This compact, multi-material players’ iron provides added distance with control while increasing workability and forgiveness. A tungsten toe weight stabilizes the face to improve accuracy, and a vertical stabilizing bar offers distance control. The custom tuning port is made from a thermoplastic elastomer for a soft feel and sound at impact.
PING I Irons
- The “I” is custom-engineered with 431 stainless steel for its high strength to weight ratio and softer feel. Weight savings from the 431 steel and the deeper CTP position allow for expanded perimeter weighting in a head design that delivers workability and trajectory control with forgiveness. Larger head sizes and low/back centre of gravity positions in the long irons offer forgiveness and distance where you need it most. The smaller short irons and wedges provide precision and control. Lengths and lofts are optimised to increase distance with proper gapping.
- The sole glides through the turf with ease, ensuring the solid contact required to play with control and consistency. An optimised, versatile bounce profile delivers exceptional performance in all conditions.
PING G30 Irons
- Distance, forgiveness and high launch enable you to launch the ball farther and higher so you can attack the pin. Progressive lengths and lofts and a thin face are key to achieving a higher max ball flight to give you the stopping power needed for scoring. Distance control and consistent, predictable results are provided by a custom tuning port that sits very low and supports a thin face to generate faster ball speeds. The CTP and an undercut cavity help position the CG low back to optimize launch and forgiveness while ensuring a solid feel to inspire confidence.
PING Ladies Rhapsody Irons
- This blended set combines easy to hit hybrids and high-launching, highly forgiving perimeter weighted irons to optimise distance and gapping throughout the set. The irons and hybrids utilise lightweight components to lower the overall system mass, making it easier to generate club head speed, ball velocity and distance, especially from slower swing speeds. Women, especially players with slower swing speeds, will have an easier time generating club head speed and distance with this blended set. Easy-to-hit hybrids and high-launching, highly forgiving perimeter-weighted irons combine to optimise distance control and gapping. The irons (7-SW) and hybrids (5H, 6H) feature lightweight grips and shafts at the same swing weight, producing a lower total system mass. This makes it easier to generate club head speed and ball velocity for added distance.
PING Golf Irons are all available in custom fit and Ping advise, that you do speak with us for Professional advice, so we can offer you the best possible products.
Take a look a closer look at the full range of Ping Irons available this year for 2016