- Sang Moon Bae Wins – Funny Video – McDowell Matchplay King – Jimenez StretchPosted 6 days ago
- Ernst Wins (Who) – Pink Pro V1- Oosthuizens 500 Yard DrivePosted 20 days ago
- The NEW Titleist 712U Utility IronPosted 25 days ago
- Horschel Wins (Eventually) – Tantrums – X Hot ReviewPosted 26 days ago
- WITB Billy Horschell – Zurich Classic Winner 2013Posted 27 days ago
- Callaway X Hot Fairway – Ultimate ReviewPosted 32 days ago
- Graeme McDowell – Heritage Champion WITBPosted 34 days ago
- Ping G25 Golf Driver ReviewPosted 43 days ago
- Skycaddie Reveal the New Sports Series RangefindersPosted 52 days ago
- The Truth About Lofts.Posted 53 days ago
Mizuno MP-S Golf Ball. The golf ball that sticks to the greens
The Mizuno MP-S Golf Ball has now been released for just over a month, and we have been very encouraged with the amount of interest. The reviews have been very positive and we are now selling more of these balls opposed to Taylormade Lethal, Nike 20XI and Callaway Hex Black/Chrome. If you watch the below video review by Mark Crossfield, you will see that there is hardly any difference in feel, performance and control against the very popular Titleist Pro v1.
You can understand that it is very hard to move away from Titleist when selecting your golf ball especially when the Pro V1 is the most played golf ball on the PGA tour. If however you are up for a change then the Mizuno MP S is surely worth a try.
Mizuno have been producing MP golf balls since 2005 and the MP S is actually the third generation in this range. MP golf balls were only available in Japan as Mizuno wanted to wait for advancements in technology before evolving it and introducing it to the European market. They needed to make sure that they had something really special that would be well received on both tour and into the amateur / recreation market.
So what does Mizuno say:- Andy Kikidas, Tour Operations Manager.
“Mizuno launched balls into Japan in 2005 – with a plan to hold back from the western market until there was a construction that met the tour’s expectations. What we liked about the MP-S is that it stops as quickly as it takes off. We could tell from the first touch of the tacky cover, that it would be incredibly responsive around the greens. The R&D team describe the cover as highly ‘visco-elastic’. In laymans terms it means it means it’s soft, but returns to its original shape quickly.”
Technical specification and player profile
- 3 piece structure – 1 core and 2 covers.
- Tour Performance.
- Mid to high swing speeds would best suit this ball.
- Feel – Ultra Soft, great around greens.
- Technology – Thermo setting urethane cover.
- Pro – Mid handicap players would get the best from this golf ball
Though the control, touch and feel will be predominately preferred by the skilled and better players, Mizuno feel any golfer who is dealing with fast or firm greens will appreciate the MP-S’ ability to stick to greens.